Council issues Fixed Penalty Notices and warns of the dangers of using rogue waste collectors.

“You should check whether a person or business is authorised to take waste before you transfer your waste to them”.

 Hire a Man and Van are a professional, authorised waste removal company in Devizes.

An authorised person is one of the following:

1. Someone who has a valid registration as a carrier, broker or dealer of waste.

2. A waste management operator who has an environmental permit or registered exemption to accept such waste. You can ask the person or business you transfer your waste to or who arranges the transfer for evidence of their authorisation, such as a copy of their permit or proof of their exemption registration. You should also use the public register to check any evidence they provide. The register contains information on:

  • waste carrier, broker and dealer registrations
  • environmental permits for waste operations
  • waste exemptions In England

You can check registration on the EA’s public register or call 03708 506 506.

Here are a couple of useful links to news related to the use of rogue waste collectors:

If you have a need for waste removal by a professional, reliable waste removal company in Devizes, please get in touch.